Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Things To Complain About, part one

There is a beautiful bottle of red wine sitting on the counter in my kitchen.  I can see it from here.  I want very much to drink the wine inside of the bottle.

But.

I have no bottle un-cork-er.

The bottle has been taunting me for three weeks.  I move it around to different locations in the kitchen on occasion.  This makes me feel like I'm closer to it; a friendly bond between woman and wine.

Every day it's becoming more and more difficult to not smash the bottle on the edge of the counter and lap up the wine from the floor.  I've also considered going the the thrift store down the road and buying a sword, to chop the top off (but at that rate I might as well just buy an uncorking apparatus and be done with it).


No comments:

Post a Comment