Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's A Sad, Rainy, Horrible Day

Loss isn't fair.  It hurts too much.

It hurts so much today because I lost my best friend.  She was with me through everything.  For 15 years she was the love of my life.  Sophie was my soulmate.  And I feel so guilty for being so sad because Sophie is a dog.

But she wasn't just a dog.  She was my everything.

She was born July 21, 1999 and she died November 6, 2014.  She was old.  She was precious.  She was perfect.

She survived eating 2 packages of Oreos, some mishchief'd Hershey bars, a pair of glasses, earrings, my mom's Bible, countless pairs of underwear, and more than one mouse the cat had already beheaded.

When I was younger, she would pick through my Barbies and find a hot pink dress or a shoe to take with her on her morning walk.  Her favorite toy was Spitty Monkey.  She learned to beg at dinner from Jake the Yorkie.  She snored in her sleep like a small, but just as pudgy pig.  She was so happy when I came home that she'd wiggle and howl until her throat went hoarse.

She only knew two commands: SIT. and DOWN. She knew CAR meant going to the vet.  She knew OUT meant an opportunity to run free.  And any word said in an excited tone was her name.  "Mustard!!", "Kite!!", and "Sophie!!" were responded to with equal enthusiasm.

I will love her for the rest of my life.  I miss her.  My heart is completely broken.  I don't know what else to say.

goodbye, my sweet, smelly, blind, deaf, senile old girl.

She's ok now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment